- Career objective essay completed by all first year students.
- Potential career opportunities are discussed during student orientation to include related career pathways.
- All new students will complete comprehensive S/P2 training prior to entering the production areas.
Curriculum and Occupational Titles:
- Student will cover curriculum in 5 job titles.
- Content includes: chef/cooking, institutional foods, baking, service and portering.
- Competencies or skills that students are required to complete while they are in the program.
- State Program of Study
- Value added tasks
- WORK ETHIC – 40%
- KNOWLEDGE – 30%
- SKILLS – 30%
- Students are required to purchase a minimum of 2 complete uniforms to include: chef pants and chef coats and/or baking uniform.
- Students must maintain their uniforms in a sanitary manner.
- Personal aprons are not mandatory but recommended.
- NMTCC Baseball Hat ($9)
- Non-slip shoes
- Activity fee ($20)
- 2 complete uniforms – approx. $70
- Cost of ServSafe exam answer sheet - $50
- Students must maintain a portfolio
- Students must complete SP 2 as documented safety training during the first marking period, before entering production labs.
- Daily uniform requirements: no opened toe shoe, clean and sanitary
- No fake nails or large jewelry
- Adherence to MHD Chapter 4 regulations governing food service establishments
- Non-slip shoes
- Long, braided hair must be completely restrained with an oversized hairnet, to be supplied by the student.
- Duty/task list
- Theory handouts/packets
- Pictures of various projects
- Career objective essay
- Resume/cover letter
- Short/long term planning sheet