- Complete a career goal card and essay yearly.
- Purpose is to be sure students are aware of careers available and the path needed to reach their career goals.
Curriculum and Occupational Titles:
- Some possible careers include:
Floor Covering Installer
Window and Door Installer
- Tests, homework, quizzes 30%
- Employability skills (coming to class prepared and utilizing time positively) 30%
- Projects 40%
- Program prepares students for employment as a helper or first year apprentice at $8-$14/hour.
After a 4 year apprenticeship, the student becomes a journeyman and can earn $25 an hour plus benefits in the Philadelphia region
Tools and Equipment Requirements:
hammer, tape measure, 1” wood chisel,utility knife, set of 3 nail sets, chalk box, stair gauges, wonderbar, solar powered calculator, speed square, sharpie, toolbelt, catspaw, 1” putty knife, screwdriver bit assortment, work jacket, hat, gloves,1 set Wiss aviation snips (green and red handles)
- Carpenter’s jeans with hammer loop
- Hi Vis shirt
- Hard sole work boots (with white or tan soles)
- Safety glasses
- Hard hat
- Work jacket, work gloves, hat
- Failure to turn assignments in on time will result in 5 points being deducted from daily ethics grade for each assignment.
- One theory lesson and assessment/quiz is required weekly.
- Quarterly evaluation quiz taken.
- Students are required to wear approved safety glasses in lab area at all times.
- Long hair is a hazard around machinery and must be tied back to prevent possible injury.
- Jewelry presenting a safety hazard must be removed.