- Complete a career goal card and essay yearly.
- Purpose is to be sure students are aware of careers available and the path needed to reach their career goals.
- Students will design and produce a printed self promotion booklet of their art in their senior year.
- Top students compete in SkillsUSA competitions for state recognition and scholarships.
Curriculum and Occupational Titles:
- Advertising Design curriculum is acceptable for college and art school entrance.
- Curriculum is a foundation for a career in graphic design, advertising design, illustration, package design, web design, magazine design, book design, multimedia and digital production.
- Competencies include the national NOCTI advertising and design test, Adobe software programs, print media.
- Various skills and competencies are included in the task list.
- KNOWLEDGE (30%) includes written tests, papers, homework and knowledge of subject matter.
- WORK ETHIC (30%) includes ability to meet deadlines, focus on assignments and projects during class time.
- SKILLS (40%) includes conceptualizing and creating real world projects for the advertising field in a variety of mediums.
- Excellent portfolio for entrance into a college art curriculum or art school
- Ability to create real world advertising and design
- Working knowledge of Adobe software programs
- Understanding of the advertising industry and professional standards for a successful career
- Standard school clothing: opened toe footwear is not permitted
- Painting, markers and soft pencils can stain clothing.
- No opened toe shoes because of x-acto knife use for cutting paper, cardboard and illustration board.
- No ties as they can get caught in the large cutting board
- Students must follow NMTCC Code of Conduct.
- A portfolio of academic material such as printing standards, paper standard, photography equipment, etc. This is part of the academic portion of the curriculum.
- A portfolio of all art created during a student’s tenure as a requirement for graduation and entrance into a college art curriculum or art schools. Also for business.