About North Montco Technical Career Center
The North Montco Technical Career Center was formed as one of four area Vocational-Technical Schools in Montgomery County in 1964. The building was constructed on a 15-acre parcel of land along Sumneytown Pike in Towamencin Township. The school opened in 1967 and is jointly owned by the North Penn, Souderton Area, Wissahickon, Methacton and Perkiomen Valley School Districts.
The operation of the Center is authorized by the North Montco Joint Operating Committee (JOC) comprised of two school board members from each of the sending school districts with the exception of North Penn School District, which is represented by three board members.
A Superintendent of Record is the chief School Administrator and the Administrative Director is responsible for the school operation. The school serves approximately 1100 students from the 5 surrounding school districts. In addition to technical training, North Montco Technical Career Center provides academic courses to our fulltime students.
The North Montco Technical Career Center is dedicated to delivering quality technical and academic programs that meet the needs of our students and prospective employers. This will be accomplished through a perpetual improvement system that ensures stakeholders an educated, competent individual capable of contributing to the welfare of the community.