Earn College Credits While in High SchoolSOAR - STUDENTS OCCUPATIONALLY and ACADEMICALLY READY
A SOAR program is a Pennsylvania Department of Education approved, Career & Technical Education Program that credits skills and tasks learned at the high school level to a postsecondary (college) degree, diploma or certificate program. SOAR programs prepare today's student for tomorrow's high demand and high wage careers.
-Saving Money on College Tuition
-Saving Time by Shortening College Attendance
-Getting on the Right Career Pathway
-Entering the Job Market Ready
-Getting a Consistent Education
HOW DO YOU GET STARTED?
-Your first step is to share this information with your parents.
-Together you can then contact your NMTCC counselor prior to scheduling for the next school year.
-Include college prep academic courses in your schedule to assure college success.
To view current advanced credit opportunities articulated with postsecondary institutions, go to Search for Equivalencies under the Search button at www.collegetransfer.net . Select PA Bureau of Career and Technical Education at the "From" drop down menu. CollegeTransfer.net - Transfer Center
Aspire | Assess | Articulate
Click Here to see how
SOAR Programs are accepted at higher education institutions
Are you a high school junior or senior who wants to earn several college credits before leaving high school? Get a step ahead by participating in the North Montco Technical Career Center (NMTCC) dual-enrollment program.
WHAT IS DUAL ENROLLMENT?
The dual enrollment program is a special dual credit program designed for NMTCC students who want an enriching early college experience. This program allows students to take college-level courses that fulfill both high school and college graduation requirements.
ADVANTAGES OF DUAL ENROLLMENT
- Accelerates a student's college career and provides quality educational experience close to home
- Allows qualified students the ability to earn college credit and high school credit at the same time
- Provides quality, college-level instruction at North Montco Technical Career Center during regular school hours
- Prepares students for immediate career opportunities, admission to the partnering school and transferable credits to other colleges on a parallel course-for-course basis
- Enables student to receive reduced tuition cost per credit
HOW DO I APPLY FOR ADMISSION?
- In order to participate in a dual-enrollment program, students must meet all NMTCC entrance requirements.
- Students may pick up an early admissions application from a NMTCC guidance counselor.
- Students must return the completed application to a NMTCC guidance counselor.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Students may register at NMTCC by completing a dual enrollment course registration form which is available through the NMTCC Guidance Department.
- Students must complete the participating college's online application.
WHAT COURSES ARE AVAILABLE FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT CREDIT?
Through Montgomery County Community College
- Biomedical Technology
- Culinary Arts Technology
- Health Occupations Technology
Note: Please contact the NMTCC guidance department for additional credits that may be available.