|Are you a high school junior or senior who wants to earn several college credits before leaving high school? Get a step ahead by participating in the North Montco Technical Career Center (NMTCC) dual-enrollment program.
WHAT IS DUAL ENROLLMENT?
The dual enrollment program is a special dual credit program designed for NMTCC students who want an enriching early college experience. This program allows students to take college-level courses that fulfill both high school and college graduation requirements.
ADVANTAGES OF DUAL ENROLLMENT
- Accelerates a student's college career and provides quality educational experience close to home
- Allows qualified students the ability to earn college credit and high school credit at the same time
- Provides quality, college-level instruction at North Montco Technical Career Center during regular school hours
- Prepares students for immediate career opportunities, admission to the partnering school and transferable credits to other colleges on a parallel course-for-course basis
- Enables student to receive reduced tuition cost per credit
HOW DO I APPLY FOR ADMISSION?
- In order to participate in a dual-enrollment program, students must meet all NMTCC entrance requirements.
- Students may pick up an early admissions application from a NMTCC guidance counselor.
- Students must return the completed application to a NMTCC guidance counselor.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Students may register at NMTCC by completing a dual enrollment course registration form which is available through the NMTCC Guidance Department.
- Students must complete the participating college's online application.
WHAT COURSES ARE AVAILABLE FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT CREDIT?
Through Montgomery County Community College
- Culinary Arts Technology
- Health Occupations Technology
Through Reading Area Community College
Note: Please contact the NMTCC guidance department for additional credits that may be available.